Barefoot Bowls @ Burwood
Get your feet on the grass and have some fun in the sun with barefoot bowls. It’s lawn bowls gone casual and just the thing to do on a Friday or Saturday evening, or any time you’ve got a couple of friends together.
The dress code is as relaxed as the atmosphere and you don’t need a lot of experience to have fun with the game. We provide you everything needed to get started along with an expert to make sure that first bowl nails the jack.
Barefoot bowls is run on Friday and Saturday nights from 6pm and we can organise a Sunday for you by request.
We recommend players start hard, fighting it out geriatric style, playing just like they do on television. For $15 we will give you everything you need to get started.
Put down a friendly wager and find out who is the King of the Green.
Quick tips for beginner bowlers
- The larger black ball is called a bowl. The small white ball is the jack. At Eat, Drink, Bowl we provide you with all you will need to play.
- The aim of the game is to get your bowl as close to the jack as possible.
- Bowls are weighted so that they don’t roll in a straight line, but in a curve.
- Each bowl has a small and large icon on each side. Always keep the small icon on the inside of your delivery.
- You will play on a green (of very short grass) which is divided into rinks. There is a ditch on the outside of the green to catch badly delivered bowls.
- You bowl from alternate ends, usually standing on a mat, which is supplied